Last week I already told you how to get a perfect tan without the sun. Of course, that beautiful tan also includes shiny, smooth legs. That’s why I’m telling you this week how you can use hair removal cream to be totally ready for summer. Barbecues, festivals, days at the beach; get ready!
What are good hair removal creams?
If you’re considering trying a hair removal product, we recommend Veet’s hair removal cream for sensitive skin. This product is slightly kinder to the skin than normal depilatories. Veet for sensitive skin can be used by both men and women. Do you prefer hair removal in the shower? Then you can use Veet Shower Sensitive Skin as an alternative.
Incredibly cliché, but that doesn’t make it any less true. Whichever depilatory cream you choose and which part of your body you are going to remove hair, you have to prepare well. Here too, it is important that you rid the skin of flakes and dead skin cells by exfoliating well.
Exfoliating ensures that the cream adheres to the hairs and not to the dead skin cells. In addition, exfoliating reduces the risk of annoying ingrown hairs. At the bottom of the stripe, this ensures a much smoother result! To exfoliate, you can use a special scrub gel, possibly combined with an exfoliating glove.
Pay attention to the water temperature
Have a good water temperature. That may sound logical, but the right temperature works wonders. Water that is too hot causes the skin to dry out and become irritated.
Coldwater is simply not nice. So make sure you have lukewarm water. This opens the pores and thus exposes the hair closer to the hair follicle. This allows the depilatory cream to adhere even better and naturally ensures beautiful, smooth, sexy legs.
Choose a good hair removal cream and follow the instructions
There are many different ways to remove hair, such as shaving or waxing. Personally, I always opt for a hair removal cream. Easy to use and completely painless. There are various depilatory creams from all kinds of brands on the market, such as the products from Mud & More.
I am a fan of this brand because it uses natural substances. In addition, the products contain a serum that slows down hair growth after depilation. Mud & More have creams for different body parts, for men and women, and has soothing products for after hair removal.
Whichever depilatory cream you choose, follow the instructions. Follow the application time exactly as stated on the packaging. If you leave the cream on for longer, it can damage your skin.
Mud & More has made a handy instructional video for hair removal from your arms.
How to use hair removal cream and how often?
- Below we give a general description of how to use hair removal cream. It is advisable to always read the package leaflet, because there are differences in the use (for example in the shower or with a spray or spatula) and in the number of minutes that you leave the cream on the hair. Careful application and removal according to the instructions on the packaging is necessary for proper operation. For most resources, you proceed as follows:
- Make sure your skin is dry, most depilatory creams should be applied to dry, unwashed skin. But beware, some creams must be applied to wet skin, so read the packaging carefully.
- You apply the cream on the spot where you want to remove the (pubic) hair. Always make sure that the cream does not get into or on the vagina, anus, penis or other sensitive areas. Also avoid moles, scars, varicose veins, pimples and damaged, irritated or sunburnt skin as much as possible.
- To have a good effect, you have to spread the cream, gel or mouse evenly on the skin, so that the hairs are well covered. Some products require you to use a spatula for application.
- The product has to take effect for a while after application. Never leave it on for longer than stated on the package, because then the skin can burn. Between 3 and 10 minutes is usually good.
- Test after 3-5 minutes on a small spot to see if the hairs are already coming off. If so, you can remove the cream. Sometimes it is necessary to let the product sit for a little longer, test again after 1-2 minutes whether the hairs are coming loose.
- You can remove the cream with the spatula or a warm wet towel. Do this by moving against the direction of hair growth. Some creams can also be rinsed off in the shower (read the packaging). Always rinse your skin clean and dry with plenty of water after use. Then lubricate the skin with a moisturizing cream. Don’t worry if your skin is a little red or itchy afterwards, that’s normal.
How often can you use hair removal cream? Keep for at least 3-4 days before next use.
Maximum results with the right aftercare
Do you want to achieve the best result? Then good aftercare is important. Rinse the skin extra well after waxing and then use a moisturizing cream, such as the Mud & More Comforting creams. This prevents the skin from drying out and makes the skin feel silky soft.
Extra long a smooth result
After all this effort, you naturally want to be able to enjoy the result for a while. To ensure that the hairs grow less quickly, I use a Mud & More Serum. These serums (for the face or for the body) soothe the skin and slow down hair growth. It is easy to use, smells great, and saves me from having to repeat the treatment as often.