There are countless ways to tweeze your eyebrows these days. Which way is easiest, or works best for you? And what is the safest way to epilate? We explain it to you!
Epilation eyebrows with tweezers
The best-known form of epilation is of course epilation with tweezers. You can easily tweeze your eyebrows like a pro by using tweezers. Keep a few points in mind:
- Make sure your tweezers are sharp. If necessary, sharpen the tweezers with a sharp knife. If the tweezers are not sharp, you cannot perform miracles.
- Also make sure your tweezers have pointed tips.
- Epilate when your face is warm. Provide a warm damp towel or space where your face can simply warm up. This makes epilation less painful because the skin is more open and pulling the hair with tweezers feels less sharp.
- Determine the correct shape of your eyebrows. do you have pmu? Then it is very easy to remove the hairs outside the lines. Do you want to choose a shape yourself? Then take your face shape into account. Read more about which eyebrow shape suits you best.
- Comb the hairs with the natural shape. If you comb them up, you can still see which hairs hang underneath that need to be removed.
Epilation without tweezers
Epilation without tweezers is possible. But how? You can do all kinds of other forms of “hair removal” at home. By waxing, waxing, or with a razor you can remove all excess hair in the eyebrows. Epilation without tweezers is therefore in principle possible!
Epilation with rope
Epilation with rope is a fine piece of manual labor. It’s almost unlikely that you could do this to yourself. Unless you are professional in it.
By means of epilation with rope, you actually scrape the hairs with roots out of the skin. We call this planning because you plan over the skin with a thin string. You also pull several hairs out of the skin at the same time, so you are a lot shorter.
Is epilating with a rope painful?
Yes often. But it depends on a number of things:
- Do you have a low or high pain threshold?
- Do you have thin or thick hair?
- Do you have a lot of hairs on the eyebrow
The more eyebrow hairs that have to be removed, the longer treatment takes. And the thicker the hairs are, the more painful it is often experienced.
Epilating with rope is nice because you pull several hairs from the skin at the same time. But if you have a lot of hairs and they are also thick, then removing a number of hairs in 1 go is not very pleasant. Unfortunately, there is no way of anesthetic cream for this method, so you will have to stick with it for a while.
Epilation without pain
Epilation without pain exists! What way is that you say? Shave! It may sound very scary. But that whole feeling goes away after trying it once.
When you think of shaving, you usually think of the man who shaves a beard and is left with all kinds of small cuts. And of course, you don’t want this in your eyebrow. But when shaving or plucking the eyebrow you don’t use a colossal razor of course! You use a mini razor. You can buy these:
It is actually a foot knife to remove calluses. The blades are extremely small and sharp, making them perfect for removing small hairs.
How to use such a blade:
- Carefully remove the blade from the packaging and then from the white paper. It is always individually packaged.
- Hold the blade firmly on both sides and press through the center. You now have 2 small blades.
- The outside are the knife sides. You can easily hold the inside with 2 fingers.
- Place the blade flat and diagonally on the skin and cut along with the hairs.
With this technique, be very careful not to press too hard on the skin and thereby make cuts. This is of course not nice and it can bleed a lot. The flatter you sit on the skin, the tighter you stretch the skin, and the less pressure you apply with the blade, the better the result.