Throwing a fabulous party that your family and friends will love to be at is a science. Throwing a fabulous New Year’s Eve party that your family and friends will love is an art. After all, a New Year’s Eve party is not just any other party held during the year. New Year’s Eve is an extremely special and personal night, as the year unwinds and people get geared up to forge ahead to the next year. Some people like to spend it alone at home with their immediate family while others love to spend it with the multitudes. If you are planning on throwing your own New Year’s Eve party for friends and family,
Here are some tips that will help make your party smashing.
- If you are planning on hosting your party at a club, hall, or restaurant, you will want to book the venue months in advance. New Year’s Eve parties are events that are planned sometimes an entire year in advance, so if there is a special place you would like to host yours, you must book it at least three to six months before New Year’s Eve to guarantee you will get it.
- On the other hand, if you are planning on hosting a New Year’s Eve party at your home, be sure to invite friends at least a month in advance. Again, New Year’s Eve is an eventful day and many people will begin making plans for it way ahead of time.
- The entire New Year’s Eve party does not have to be hosted at your home. Some people choose to go out with their guests to comedy clubs or bars a few hours before the clock strikes midnight since many fun events are held this night. They will then head back to the site of the party to bring in the New Year in a more intimate setting. If this is something you plan on doing, speak with your guests beforehand to see if this is something they would like to do, and, if so, what type of event they would like to go to. Arrange adequate transportation before the date by speaking with friends who might agree to carpool.
- When decorating for your party, think of a fun theme and stick to it. While it is nice and completely appropriate to simply string up a few random balloons and throw out some confetti on the table, it is a little more festive to maintain a constant fun theme around the area you will be hosting the party in. Use your Christmas lights in creative ways on the ceiling or walls. Have disposable cameras in strategic spots around the room so your guests can simply pick them up and take candid shots.
- While a sit-down dinner would be truly elegant, for a party like this when guests will be mingling all night long, whip up an array of finger foods and appetizers. Instead of putting them all on one table, station them at different spots around the room and be sure to keep them filled. For the midnight toast, do not forget to have chilled champagne and cider (for guests who do not drink alcohol) available. In addition, have different beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic available for your guests.
- A great host who is serving alcohol at a party will be sure that all guests have a way to get home that evening. Be sure to have a room available at your home for any guests who may need to spend the night. Make sure that there are designated drivers for all guests so that everybody can get home safely. Also, many taxi services offer free transportation on New Year’s Eve, so be sure to call around.