Few women will refuse a gift with a diamond. Earrings, rings, pendants, and other jewelry with this beautiful and incredibly expensive stone bring real pleasure and speak of the sincere sympathy of a man if they are his gift.
But if earlier, having received a processed diamond as a gift, one could not doubt its authenticity, today there is often a situation when a pebble turns out to be an excellent copy and nothing more.
Diamond rings are real and fake how to identify them? Diamonds are very precious high-grade decorative items, are also married essential jewelry. However, due to Diamond’s expensive also being very scarce, the market appeared a lot of fake diamonds. Identification of ring true is imperative that! So everyone must know how to identify a diamond ring with genuine methods, together to look at it.
Debunking the “diamond” myths
There are several myths about this stone.
- Sandpaper passed over the diamond does not leave a trace on it. This is true only if the emery does not have a diamond coating in its composition. Don’t want to ruin the stone? Then abandon this method!
- Diamonds are only white, or rather transparent. Truly pure diamonds are noble, beautiful and often common specimens. But in nature, there are fantastic colors of diamonds: yellow, blue, pink and even red. These stones are extremely rare, and therefore not everyone can afford to buy them. If you were presented with a piece of jewelry with such a stone – be doubly happy!
- The diamond is so strong that it is impossible to break it. You should put this thought out of your head – even the most real, most transparent diamond will shatter into the smallest pieces, if, for example, you hit it with all your strength with a hammer. This is from the category of paradox: the stone is very hard, but very fragile. Don’t feel sorry for the diamond? Then try it!
- A true diamond is invisible in clear water. Nonsense! Because the outline of the stone does not completely disappear. The only thing, so you can just identify a fake copy-a duplex (glued together from 2 parts: from the real and fake).
How to distinguish a diamond from a fake – all the important nuances
We would like to note that useful tips for identifying a real diamond do not only apply to stones that are chic pieces of jewelry. They will also help to “discard” stones from the placer jewelry – some people prefer to have such specimens in their possession.
But do not think that at home you can accurately prove 100% authenticity of the gem! Most likely, you will have to visit a qualified jeweler, and even then, if there is really a strong need for this since the examination procedure is not cheap.
Possible diamond testing at home
You can and should check the stone yourself using the following quick list:
- appearance (you can identify a duplex, which is often inserted into products; the top layer may be a diamond, but the bottom layer, especially if it has a mirror coating or has a closed frame, is a fake);
- fogging (a true diamond will never fog up if you breathe on it – there will not even be a slight haze);
- transparency (if a natural stone is attached, for example, to a newspaper, then it is impossible to make out printed letters through it);
- radiance and brilliance (a diamond sparkles brightly, and its fakes are even brighter; but only a specialist can thoroughly study this phenomenon);
- thermal conductivity (the fake immediately heats up well if you hold it in your hands, but the diamond remains cold);
- high cutting capacity (if you hold a diamond on the glass – it will definitely be scratched, while the stone itself will not have any marks);
- decent “stickiness” (only a diamond, if it is dipped in butter or sunflower oil, and then pressed against the glass, for a while it will remain stuck to it due to the oil base);
- shades (these are only fakes of the stone or its poor samples can sparkle in all the colors of the rainbow; a real diamond has only different shades of gray);
- chips, micro-scratches, etc. (a true diamond must have chips, micro-scratches, small internal inclusions of other elements, bubbles that are visible at, say, 10x magnification with a magnifying glass);
- brand on metal (a real diamond is unlikely to be inserted into inexpensive metal-gold and platinum are used for its setting; therefore, the metal must have a brand, for example: 10K, 14K, 18K, 585, 750, 900, 950, PT, Plat);
- the presence of a certificate (often real diamonds are certified by experts).
Diamond rings true and false identification methods
1.Watch the color of fire
We ordinary people the easiest to learn the identification of the diamond authenticity of the method is the visual observation method. The naked eye that the main observation diamond’s“fire”, that is, a diamond can reflect a colorful color light, basic to blue-based.The more cut perfect diamond, the“fire” the more dazzling eye-catching. And the high refractive index of the imitation of diverging out of Glory will seem blunt and dull.
2. Hand touch
Buying a loose diamond, you can use your hand to touch the surface of the diamond to see if the adhesive is. This is mainly because of really drilling the oily having an affinity with Touch will feel a sticky feeling.
The Diamond has a“high thermal conductivity” of the feature, so we can observe the lower diamond has no temperature. The diamonds close to the arm or face can feel a little warm feeling. If it is a fake imitation is not a real diamond that the heat transfer effect, but will be cool too.
4. Exhale distinguish the authenticity
In when buying a diamond also available in Diamond and imitation diamond’s surface at the same time Call of breath, really the diamond surface condensation of water mist than the fake diamonds on the water mist evaporates quickly. Of course, this identification method requires prior carries a diamond imitation of peers, as the experiments of the contrast material.
In the purchase of diamond jewelry, not only to identify a diamond’s authenticity, the mosaics of the pros and cons to a large extent on the impact of diamond jewelry price, but related to the subsequent everyday wear.
If you want to test the diamond jewelry of the bench, you need the same secret weapon, that is“beautiful women wearing stockings”。Because the superb bench should be seamless, the purchase of claw set diamond ring or other jewelry, it is best used with a claw set diamond surface in stockings on across,
If across a very smooth, completely without scraping, proved to be a well-Damascene process, you can rest assured to buy it. On the contrary, it indicates that the mosaic is not enough adhesion, or alternative A is better.
6.Water droplets identification
The diamond washes and wipes clean to ensure that the surface is without grease existence. Then, the small water droplets point on the diamond, if water droplets in diamonds keep for a long time, then this is really a diamond, if the water drops immediately spread out, it might be a diamond imitation.
Cut the standard diamond inside a refractive index very high, almost no light can pass through the Diamond Pavilion to the table, so the diamond at the bottom of the vertical placed on a piece of paper, and white paper to draw with pencil black line through the tops of the vertical look to see the black line, the lower refractive index of diamond simulants, such as zircon and Cubic Zirconia, you can see the curved black line.
8.Observe the reflected light
With a magnifying glass（stores are there observable diamond waistline presented at a very fine matte shape and sparkle of reflected light. The diamond-this feature is unique.
If you ever received an answer on how to distinguish a diamond from a fake, keep in mind an important nuance. Today’s scammers have so masterfully learned how to deceive their victims that they are able to pass off other minerals for a precious stone. So the only working method that gives a 100% guarantee is to visit a master jeweler.