False eyelashes can instantly transform the look, making it deep and intriguing. However, the use of such an accessory requires special care. It is forbidden to re-paste eyelashes that have dried glue on them. This can lead to a number of consequences that will negatively affect your eyes. Using such an accessory, it is important to know how and how to remove the glue from the eyelashes. This procedure will not cause any difficulties and will not take much time if you know all the rules and stages of its implementation.
How to clean eyelash glue
Proper care will help extend the use of false eyelashes and avoid negative consequences (corneal infection, eyelid edema, loss of your own eyelashes, etc.). After each use, it is necessary to thoroughly clean them from the remaining adhesive layer. To do this, you can use both professional tools (Debonder, paste-like removers) and home methods. If a water-soluble composition was used for gluing, then it is easy to dissolve it with improvised means. In the case of more complex formulations, the use of specialized products is relevant. Its main drawback is the high price.
To remove the glue for eyelashes at home, you can use:
- eye makeup remover and cotton swabs;
- burdock, almond, olive or baby oil;
Each of them differs in inefficiency. However, to get the desired result, you need to know about the features of their use, as well as follow the instructions (presented below).
4 ways to remove eyelash glue
Before proceeding to the procedure itself, you need to follow a few simple recommendations that will help you easily, and at the same time safely clean false eyelashes from glue:
- Be sure to disinfect all tools used (tweezers, eyelash brush). To do this, you can use alcohol or hydrogen peroxide.
- Immediately before performing the procedure, wash your hands with soap and water.
- Choose only hypoallergenic cosmetics that do not cause irritation. Study their composition. Keep in mind that after cleaning the eyelashes, some of the product may remain on them, and during subsequent use of the accessory it will come into contact with the delicate skin of the eyelids. Based on this, it is important to pay special attention to the choice of makeup remover.
There are several ways to wash off eyelash glue. Each of them has certain features, so it deserves separate consideration.
1. Make-up remover and a cotton swab
The glue dissolves well with oil-based micellar water. However, when repeated use, the remnants of such a tool can affect the fixation of false cilia.
To remove any remaining glue from your eyelashes with a makeup remover, follow these instructions:
- Take a clean cotton swab. Soak it in micellar water.
- Thoroughly brush her eyelashes at the base.
- Use tweezers to gently remove any remaining glue.
- Take another cotton swab. Soak it in water.
- Re-run it over the treated area, removing the makeup remover.
- Dry your lashes. Put it in a storage container.
If after using false eyelashes, there is a lot of glue left on their base, then to eliminate it, you will need to apply and leave micellar water for 3-4 minutes. Also keep in mind that not all makeup removers work instantly. Do not rub your eyelashes with effort. In this way, you can break their structure, as a result of which they will be corrupted.
2. Capillary water and container
This method is very simple. All you need is a container that stores your eyelashes and eye makeup remover. To remove the adhesive, follow a simple procedure::
- Rinse the container thoroughly.
- Pour micellar water into it and place your eyelashes.
- Leave the accessory on for 10 minutes.
- Use tweezers to remove the cilia. Place them on a paper towel or napkin. Do not use a cloth towel, because the villi from it can get tangled between the cilia. It is almost impossible to remove them, as a result of which the accessory will lose its aesthetic appearance.
In the event that after such a procedure, a bonding agent remains on the base of the cilia, then you can additionally walk along the base with a cotton swab soaked in make-up remover.
The steam will dissolve the glue well, allowing you to quickly and easily clean the cilia. To do this, follow the detailed instructions:
- Take a clean pot. Pour 4 cups of water into it.
- Put on fire and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow the liquid to cool slightly.
- Hold the eyelashes over the pan for 5-8 minutes (depending on the amount of glue), so that steam gets on their base.
- Remove the softened glue with tweezers.
When using this method, it is important to follow the safety rules, otherwise, you risk getting your hands burned. Do not immerse your eyelashes in hot water. They should be kept exactly above the steam.
It should be noted right away that this method is suitable for removing a large amount of glue, but it can negatively affect the subsequent use of the accessory. To avoid this, carefully remove any remaining oil from your false eyelashes.
To remove the glue with oil, follow 4 simple steps:
- Take a cotton swab. Dip it in oil.
- Treat the base of the tape or bundles with it.
- The glue may start to dissolve both immediately and after a while. In the second case, do not rub your eyelashes. Just leave the oil on for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the softened glue with tweezers.
- Take a clean cotton swab. Moisten it liberally in water. Walk it through the treated area.
- Dry your cilia.
For such a procedure, grape seed oil, burdock, coconut, almond, olive, as well as any children’s oil is suitable.
Knowing how to remove the glue from the eyelashes, you can protect yourself during their further use, as well as preserve their aesthetic appearance. The most important thing is to strictly follow the instructions and follow all recommendations. Among such a variety of ways, you can definitely find the one that suits you.