Eyelash extension is a very popular procedure, which should be carried out only by professionals. But you can remove the cilia at home. Periodically, you should give your eyes a rest, in addition, the result may not please. Naturally, there will be a need to learn how to remove the most extended eyelashes in the salon at home.
Extended eyelashes do not just make the look expressive and effective. They significantly save the time of the fair sex, because thanks to them, there is no need to spend daily time coloring your own cilia. Experts guarantee a fairly long period of wearing extended eyelashes, on average it is 3-4 weeks. But inevitably there comes a time when they need to be removed. Sometimes withdrawals need to be made without resorting to the help of a specialist.
The reasons may be different:
- someone did not have time to make an appointment with the master, and half of the cilia have already disappeared and it’s time to remove them;
- someone felt uncomfortable;
- someone initially did not like the work of lashmaker;
- and someone just wanted to remove the cilia on their own.
Whatever the reason for self-removal, it is important not to harm the natural eyelashes. How to do it? What materials and tools will you need? How long will the withdrawal take? We understand this article.
3 impotent things must remember before removing eyelash extensions at home
The eyes are a very sensitive, delicate part of the face. Therefore, when making an independent withdrawal, follow the following rules:
- act as carefully and carefully as possible. Remember that any awkward movement can not only harm the eyelashes, but also lead to eye injury.;
- use only high-quality tools and materials for making withdrawals. Cheap products of questionable production can lead to allergic reactions, irritations, and even chemical burns.;
- in any case, do not tear off the eyelashes.
Interesting things to know!
The problem of pulling out eyelashes is quite common, and there are several reasons for this:
- psychological disease trichotillomania, which is characterized by pulling out eyelashes, eyebrows and any other body hair, as well as other nervous states and experiences;
- poorly performed work, which leads to uncomfortable sensations and the desire to tear off the eyelashes. Such sensations can occur due to a large number of glues or lack of indentation, when the eyelashes are glued butt to the skin.;
- incorrectly selected type of extension, when heavy or too long eyelashes are made. Due to the gravity, the natural cilia begins to turn and the root begins to hurt;
- wearing your extended lashes for too long. It leads to uncomfortable sensations due to the fact that the artificial eyelash begins to press.
Professional eyelash remover
Perhaps the phrase “professional funds” repels you, because it is associated with certain skills and additional expenses. But in fact, using such an assistant does not require any special knowledge, and its purchase will pay off at the first use.
- It is better to buy one jar of the product, not to spoil your own eyelashes, trying to tear off the extended ones in all possible ways. Then you will have to spend even more money to restore natural resources.
- Using professional eyelash removers is the fastest way to remove your extended lashes. You will spend only 3-5 minutes. You can certainly use the tools at hand, which we will discuss in the next chapter, but it will take much longer to make a withdrawal using them. Some methods take an entire night.
Eyelash Extension Remover tools, Which are divided into 3 types:
- gel products;
- cream-colored ones.
Liquid removers are probably the most unsafe for self-removal, as any careless movement can flow to the eye mucosa. This tool is best left to professionals.
Gel remover has a thicker consistency. The risk of damage to the eye is much lower, so it is quite suitable for self-use.
Remover cream is an ideal option for the self-removal of extended eyelashes. It has a thick consistency, so the drug does not flow to the eye mucosa.BARBARA liquid remover with vanilla flavor 10 ml Original Enigma gel remover 15 ml bounty Eyelash remover Cream BARBARA 15 g
- To protect the skin, apply a special patch under the lower eyelid lashes. In principle, it can be replaced with half a cotton pad. But keep in mind, you need it to fit snugly to the skin and the lash line.
- Using a cotton swab, apply the remover evenly to the lash row.
- Wait 3-5 minutes and use an eyelash brush to remove any loose lashes. Depending on the company, the exposure time may be slightly longer.
- Soak a cotton pad in plain water or emollient lotion and rub it on your eyelids. This is necessary in order to remove the remnants of the remover from the skin and eyelashes.
- As an additional care, you can gently lubricate the eyelashes with oil, for example, burdock, castor or coconut.
Removing eyelash extensions using improvised means
If you want, you can use improvised tools, but remember that they, unlike professional removers, do not guarantee a quick and high-quality result. Do not be surprised if you need to combine a couple of improvised funds and spend several hours to withdraw. So, what “folk” ways can you remove the extended eyelashes?
Removal with vegetable oils
Judging by the reviews, olive oil and even the most common sunflower oil, which is absolutely in every kitchen, are suitable for removing. You can also use linseed, almond, corn. But castor oil and burdock oil received the most recommendations. Before using, make sure that your skin does not react to the oil with inflammation or irritation.
How to remove eyelash extensions with oil?
- Warm up the oil a little and moisten it with the halves of cotton pads that you will apply to the lower eyelid.
- Using a cotton swab, apply the oil to the root zone and wait for 5 minutes. After the specified period of time, apply the oil again to enhance its effect.
- Wait about 30 minutes. At this time, you can gently massage the eyelashes at the base. Then use tweezers or an eyelash brush to remove the separated lashes.
- If necessary, repeat the procedure again.
Removal with cream
The cream works on the same principle as oil. It should be sufficiently greasy and contain oils. Although sometimes a regular baby cream is also suitable for this purpose. Do not forget that the composition of creams usually includes chemical components that can harm the eyes, so use the cream with extreme caution. Also, it is recommended to use vaseline to remove it, but it is extremely difficult to wash it off. Cream removal takes even longer than oil removal. According to reviews, sometimes it has to be left overnight, which in principle is quite dangerous, as irritation may occur. Removing the cream also does not guarantee results the first time.
Removal by steaming
To remove your eyelashes in this way, you need to:
- prepare a container of hot water. It is important that steam comes from it;
- bring the head to the container, cover with a towel and wait for about 10 minutes.
Sometimes this is quite enough to make the eyelashes “go away”. But in some cases, you still need to use the first method and apply vegetable oil to the eyelashes.
How not to remove eyelash extensions
Do you want your own lashes to be healthy and not have to be repaired? Then remember a few tips.
- You can not remove your eyelashes with tweezers without pretreatment. In the process of eyelash extension, they stick quite securely, so you can’t pull them out with tweezers without damaging the natural ones. As a result, you can get bald spots and also injure the delicate skin of the eyelids.
- Do not try to remove your eyelashes under running water or using cleansers (gels, foams, soaps). First, it is inefficient. And secondly, usually such actions are accompanied by rubbing the roots of the eyelashes and the skin of the eyelids, which inevitably leads to irritated skin, eyes and thinned eyelashes.
- When applying the eyelash extension remover, proceed carefully so that it does not get on the eye mucosa. Otherwise, redness, irritation, and even chemical burns may occur.
Eyelashes require daily attention and care. How do take care of them?
- In the intervals between extensions, apply castor or burdock oil to your natural lashes every day after evening water treatments. They will help your lashes recover, strengthen, make them thicker and accelerate their growth.
- You can also make masks. For example, mix the oil with aloe juice, apply to the eyelashes and hold for 15-20 minutes. Another option is to mix the oil with vitamins A, E and B12. You can apply oils and masks with a regular cotton swab or an eyelash brush.
- Take care of the skin of the eyelids, regularly apply special creams to it to moisturize the skin.
- Watch your diet, it should be balanced and include all the necessary vitamins for the body.
As you can see, you don’t need any special skills to remove your extended lashes. The process is quite simple. All that is required of you is a little patience and accuracy.