Luau parties are great fun for the summer months when you could enjoy a pool party and the hot summer sun, but they are also great in the winter when we want to think warm! Here is what you will need to make great luau theme party invitations:
- Sand Paper
- 5×8 white un-ruled index cards (one card per invitation)
- Light blue beads or rhinestones
- Colored Markers
- 8.5 x11 white printer paper (for your personal computer printer)
- Puff Paint
- Clear nail polish
- Brightly-colored construction paper
- Small colored beads
- Needle and thread
- Artificial flower petals
- Create a 1 thick frame around the border of your index cards using the sandpaper. Glue the sandpaper border onto your index card. Dry before moving on to the next step.
- At the bottom of your invitation, use your light blue beads or rhinestones to make some ocean waves. Use glue to attach the rhinestones or beads. Dry.
- Use your colored markers to write Luau Party above the waves on the front of your invitations.
- Next, you are going to make mini Hawaiian leis for each invitation. Over a bowl or plate, use your hole-puncher to punch as many holes as you can into your construction paper. Collect the punched circles in your bowl or on your plate. This next step will require some patience, but the result is adorable.
- Thread your needle. Use the needle and thread to string on one of the construction paper circles that you have collected. Next, string on one of your colored beads, then another circle, then another bead. Repeat the pattern until you have a string that is about 4â€ť long, and then tie the two ends together securely.
- Use the needle and thread to stitch the handmade lei onto the top corner of each invitation. Only make a couple of stitches, so that the miniature leis are dangling from the index cards.
- On your personal computer, type the wording for your invitation. Use Microsoft Word, or a similar word processing program. Here is a sample suggestion for the wording of your luau theme party invitations:
Mia and Tim Want to Lei You!
Come to their Hawaiian Luau Party
Tropical drinks and snacks will be served.
Bring your swim suits and grass skirts!
Wear your best Hawaiian outfits!
Sunday, May 4th at 2:00
155 Wilbur Avenue
Downeytown, New York 14465
Regrets, Call 555.555.5555
- Print out the wording onto your 8.5â€ťx11â€ť white paper. Trim off the excess paper around the wording.
- Glue the wording to the back of your index card invitations, in the center.
- Use puff paint to make a border around the wording, so that the edges of the paper are covered. Dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Fill in the border that you made with puff paint using clear nail polish. This will create a shiny finish over the wording, and it will not smudge the ink.
- In the area surrounding the wording, glue on artificial flower petals, so that they fill in all of the blank space around your wording. Dry completely before you put the invitations into an envelope.
That’s all it takes to make stunning luau theme party invitations. At your party, try to stick to the luau theme as much as possible. Give everyone a Hawaiian lei when they arrive. Serve your drinks in hollowed-out coconut halves. Stock your bar with ingredients for tropical drinks, such as coconut rum, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice.
Add fresh fruits to your drinks, like pineapple wedges or slices of strawberries. And, of course, get plenty of miniature umbrellas for the drinks. Play tropical music, and have a hula dancing contest! Your invitations will get everyone in the luau party spirit!note