The power of massage has been known since the time of Hippocrates. For many centuries, new techniques and techniques have appeared-Thai, lymphatic drainage, plucked, French, etc. Regardless of the nuances, massage stimulates the metabolism and blood circulation, improves muscle tone, helps to get rid of keratinized cells, toxins, and bad mood. The effect is enhanced with the use of essential oil.
Once on the skin, the fragrance oil quickly penetrates the dermis, partially into the bloodstream and all internal organs. Therefore, the use of essential oil turns a tonic massage into a therapeutic one.
Do not forget about the sensory organs — the aroma of pine needles, lavender or rose makes you close your eyes, forget about problems and plunge headlong into pleasant sensations. But the true value of essential oils is different — the molecular structure is such that they easily penetrate the protective layer of the skin, taking other useful components of the massage product. That is why we do not recommend using synthetic preparations with essential oils that are undesirable for ingestion.
Aroma oil in a classic massage
For the procedure, you need to combine the essential oil with the base oil in this ratio:
- preventive effect — 1 drop per 10-15 ml of base oil;
- therapeutic massage — up to 4 drops per 10 ml of the base.
Prepare the mixture better in advance, the day before the procedure. As a base, you can take sesame, almond, tea tree oils, etc. By choosing one of them, you will get one or another effect:
- soothing — lavender, sandalwood or the familiar mint;
- tonic — citrus fruits;
- warming — cinnamon, ginger, black pepper.
For a classic massage, many oils are suitable. If you are lost in a large assortment, choose coniferous: fir, pine, spruce, juniper. They not only relax the nervous system but are also effective against seasonal colds, muscle, and joint pain.
In addition to the restorative effect, aroma massage can relieve painful symptoms:
- intestinal cramps-chamomile, fennel, cardamom;
- migraine — mint, clove, citrus, lavender;
- muscle and joint pain — juniper, fir, rosemary;
- painful critical days — clove tree, sage, rose, marjoram.
The aromas of lavender, orange, mint, rose, ylang-ylang, geranium, thyme, fennel, sandalwood, and coniferous trees will help you forget about troubles and depression.
Such aesthetic shortcomings as reduced skin tone and wrinkles are reduced or completely eliminated by facial massage.
Before starting the procedure, you need to remove makeup and clean the skin. To open the pores, you can warm up the skin with a cloth soaked in warm water. Take 4-5 drops of oil on your fingertips and apply evenly to your face and neck with tapping movements.
Essential oil is chosen depending on the type of skin:
- dry — cedar, geranium, neroli, ylang-ylang, sandalwood;
- bold — mint, cypress, juniper, lavender, citrus, patchouli;
- fading-myrrh, geranium, patchouli;
- sensitive — chamomile, virola, sandalwood, neroli, lavender, rose.
When is massage not recommended?
There are certain contraindications for massage:
- recent injuries;
- infections and exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- violation of the gastrointestinal tract;
- allergic dermatitis;
- cardiovascular and oncological diseases;
- inflammatory processes on the face.
In most cases, aroma massage does not just combine the therapeutic effect of mechanical action and the properties of essential oils. It gives an incredible pleasure, a real relaxation. If you are not already familiar with this amazing procedure, be sure to make an appointment!