Slime is a jelly-like toy that children love to throw, knead, and roll on smooth surfaces. The consistency of the slime is viscous, sticky, and sticks to things. If the handle falls on a pile surface, it is difficult to wash it. Let’s figure out how to remove slime from a blanket affected by children’s entertainment.
How to remove slime from the blanket?
Slime stuck to the blanket is a problem for the hostess. Plaids have a fleecy texture. Slimes cling to the hairs, and it is impossible to remove them only by mechanical means.
Household chemicals will help solve the problem of how to clean a blanket from slime. Use cleaning fluids purchased from hardware stores or improvised tools. Their action is aimed at dissolving the remains of the slime, after which the toy particles are easily removed with a brush or cloth.
Before wiping the slime from the blanket, purchase one of the listed carpet and textile cleaners:
- Nordland foam;
- gels and liquids for washing Vanish, Faberlik, Amway;
- Anti-stain Remover;
- Udalix Ultra Powder;
- spray Help.
They have received positive feedback from users, and quickly removed even complex dirt.
If you don’t want to spend money on household chemicals, use folk remedies. To cope with the task of how to peel the slime from the blanket, help:
- apple cider vinegar or plain vinegar, diluted in half with water;
- alcohol-containing liquids without colorants;
- laundry soap;
- dishwashing liquid;
- acid solution (for cooking, add 1 tsp of ammonia and lemon juice, 1 tbsp of salt to 1 tbsp of water);
- kerosene or gasoline (suitable for dark surfaces, as it leaves greasy spots).
Before removing the slime from the blanket, try out the chosen product on a small area of the blanket. See if there are any streaks or light spots after cleaning. If the fabric reacts normally, we proceed to the process of washing the slime from the blanket.
How to clean a blanket from slime?
Before removing the slime from the blanket, prepare cleaning products and tools for the mechanical removal of the slime. Try first scraping off the sticky mucus with a knife, teaspoon, or flat object.
Before cleaning the slime from the blanket with household chemicals, try to attach an ice bag to the contamination. The slime freezes and is easily separated from the lint with a toothbrush. If the cold does not help, proceed to drastic measures.
After removing the bulk, slime particles or stains will remain, which will have to be removed with chemicals and solvents.:
- Apply the selected product to the soiled area using a cotton pad or cotton cloth.
- Wait 10-30 minutes. Do not use stain removers, acids, gasoline, or kerosene for more than 20 minutes: strong agents will damage the structure and change the color of the fabric. Household soap and dish liquid “works” more gently, so it will take from 1 to 2 hours to remove the slime.
- Scrape off the handgun particles with a brush or washcloth. Now they are softened and easily removed from the surface.
- Wipe the damaged area with a clean, damp, lint-free cloth.
Knowing what to do if the slime sticks to the blanket, at any time you can clean the blanket from contamination in a short time. This requires only patience and a little ingenuity.