Curls are a universal hairstyle for anyone. They can look casual and neat, bold and romantic, cute, and rock ‘ n ‘ roll. You can make curls for short hair in various ways, which we will now tell you about.
With short hair, you can also use various methods to change the look, hairstyle. Curls will help make them voluminous and romantic. To do this, you just need to know how to curl short hair at home. All methods of creating a hairstyle are presented in the article.
Table of Contents
Which curls should I choose?
Curls on short hair are suitable for everyday life and festive styling. They allow you to soften your facial features, add romance to your look, and make your hair look well-groomed. How to wind curls on short hair, as well as how to choose a method for a particular haircut? More on this later.
For a fashionable short pixie haircut, styling is not suitable with steep curls or a wavy volume on the top of the head. For such a hairstyle, a short nape and temples are characteristic, but there is longer hair at the top. Soft curls can add charm.
Bob-square will look much more beautiful from spectacular curls that favorably emphasize the contour of the face. Curls can add volume and beauty to your hairstyle.
The Square with curls looks very beautiful, voluminous, stylish. Due to the multi-layered structure of the haircut, the curls can be positioned in the desired direction and allow you to maintain a beautiful shape. Curls on the square with elongation also look great. These haircuts are perfect for tall and slender people.
In this case, you can follow 2 principles: the higher the height, the longer it will be possible to perform a square and the second – if the face is thin, then the haircut should be shorter. You should also know how to lay the square in waves. Curls are also performed on a square with bangs.
The answer to the question of how to curl short hair at home depends on the shape of the face:
- With an elongated oval face, it is better to perform light curls of a round shape of a large size.
- If the face is round, then attractive curls in this case should be made smaller.
- To emphasize the cheekbones and oval face, choose a short bob or square bob haircut and perform relief or soft curls with voluminous roots.
- Light curls look beautiful in asymmetrical haircuts.
- With a diamond-shaped face, curls fit on the side.
- Small-curly curls are great for a regular, oval face. If the facial features are large, then with this hairstyle you need a rich make-up.
Everyone can create curls on short curls at home. It only takes time and skill. Therefore, next, we will consider how to properly curl short hair.
Features and recommendations
How to curl short hair at home? Creating a hairstyle requires preparation. To make the styling look spectacular, you need to use special tools and follow simple rules:
- Hair is thoroughly shampooed, slightly dried.
- Then apply the selected styling agent.
- You can use a spray, mousse or other styling. It should be borne in mind that sprays and other fixing compounds can make curls heavier, especially with excessive application. Therefore, it is advisable to choose products that have medium or easy fixation.
- If mousse or foam is used, they are applied to the palms and distributed along the length. It is important not to miss the basal areas.
- Then comes the process of cheating or styling. You can use curlers, iron, hair dryer, brushing, perming with special compositions.
If hot methods are used, even a light perm with frequent use can damage the hair. Therefore, it is important to use thermal protection gels and mousses. Even the curls should cool down, and then small curls on short hair will be embossed and neat. When combing them, they dissolve and lose their appearance.
To like curls, you should choose the right size of a curling iron, curler, or another tool for cheating. If you are not sure that very small or large curls will fit, you can choose a medium curl. If you do not have time to constantly make curls for short hair with a curling iron or other devices, then a bioavailer is suitable. It is effective even on stiff curls with bangs. If you are interested in the best way to curl short hair, you should listen to the advice of professionals. They recommend using regular curlers. This gives a good result and does not spoil the structure of the curls. But what other ways do experts recommend?
Short hair curled with this device looks very beautiful. To get a neat result, you need to follow simple rules:
- It is advisable to take the diameter of the curling iron no more than 18 mm, so that you can screw the hairs on the rod.
- On a clean and dry head, apply thermal protection and a retainer.
- The hair is divided into the upper part and the lower part. The upper one needs to be pinned with clips.
- Wind it up from the bottom to the back of the head.
- Each strand is separated, warms up a little, while you need to hold a curling iron along the length, then wind it up and hold it for 5 seconds.
- The curl is released from the forceps and left to cool.
The curling iron allows you to carefully and carefully perform the procedure if you follow the manufacturer’s recommendations. However, it is not recommended to use it on a daily basis. And then the question arises about how to curl short hair without a curling iron.
To get beautiful curls, you can use various curlers. These devices are great for short curls. They are divided into the following types::
- Velcro curlers. They are suitable for short strands, as they weigh little. Small hooks allow you to ensure a high-quality fixation.
- Thermal curlers. With them, you can wind up short curls, but do not use them often.
- Foam pads. These are small diameter products that can curl even short hair.
- Boomerangs. Inside the devices there is a flexible rod, which also allows you to work with curls of different lengths.
How to curl short hair at home using curlers? The procedure for creating a hairstyle is as follows:
- Clean curls are slightly moistened, applied to the composition for styling.
- The hair is divided into parts, leaving one, and the rest is fixed with clips.
- Strands are combed, wrapped in curlers. Strands around the face need to be wound from it, the rest in reverse order. Alternate directions are allowed.
- Remove curlers from dry curls. But do not brush immediately or perform styling. It is advisable to wait 10-15 minutes, and the hairstyle will remain beautiful and neat.
For styling, it is better to use a comb with large teeth. Adaptations allow you to create attractive curls. Curl short hair on curlers is easier than any other method.
This device is also called a curling iron. The iron perfectly performs its functions, if you follow the rules:
- Apply a retainer and thermal protection to clean hair.
- The iron should be heated to 120 degrees.
- The hair is divided into 4 parts. You should start with the lower ones.
- Curls are wound in the same way as on a curling iron. And if waves are required, then a special nozzle is used.
- Each curl is held on the iron for no more than 10 seconds, so as not to burn it.
- The curls cool down, then the master continues to perform styling.
The curling iron is easy to use. The resulting curls last for a long time. And you can perform any perm you like.
Hair dryer and brushing
How to curl short hair quickly? The procedure can be performed with a hairdryer and brushing as follows:
- You need to wash your hair, apply a retainer.
- It is necessary to lift the hair from the roots, wind it on a round brush, dry it with hot air. Then you should promote it. Bangs are also twisted.
- The curls should cool down, they are laid in the necessary hairstyle. If required, slightly fix the varnish.
Hairdryer and brushing will help you create any desired effect. Curls on short hair will look no less attractive than on long and medium ones.
Varnish, gel, foam
How to curl short hair beautifully? You can do this with a varnish, gel, foam. The procedure involves the following actions::
- It is necessary to wash your hair, dry it at the roots, and leave the strands themselves wet.
- A little gel, foam or wax is applied to the hair. You can slightly crumple the curls, forming the desired shape. If the hair is straight, it is advisable to use curlers or other devices.
- Then the hair is dried in a natural way or with a diffuser, lowering the head down. For basal volume, you need to comb the strands a little before styling.
- If you need a “disheveled” effect, use a hair dryer.
It is advisable to use waxes and gels that have a light structure. On the hair, they look natural, which is especially evident in short curls. Otherwise, the curls will have a greasy appearance. Wax is applied not to the roots, but to the strands themselves.
It’s not always possible to use curlers or electronics for curling, but this doesn’t mean that these are the only methods to get beautiful curls. There are several tools at hand:
- A cocktail straw. On wet hair, apply a product for the durability of curls. The strand should be held by the tip, twisting it on a straw. Then it must be removed, the curl is fixed with invisibles. This work is done with all the hair. A pen can be used instead of a straw. The head should be dried with a hair dryer or allowed to dry naturally. Then they remove the invisibles and fix the curls with varnish.
- Hand curling. A small part of the hair should be wrapped around your finger and sprinkled with varnish, which should have a strong fixation. Curly hair is kept for 2-3 minutes. There is another method – mousse or foam is applied to the entire length of the hair, and then slightly flatten the styling. Get a light hairstyle with beach curls.
- Fabric band. It is preferable to perform styling before going to bed and remove the headband only in the morning. The product with a width of 1.5 cm is put on the head. Wet curls are tucked behind the rim with small strands. Then slightly pull the rim up.
- Perming with rags. This method is suitable for getting small elastic curls. This method requires small pieces of fabric. A separate strand from the tip is wrapped on a cloth and tied in a knot at the roots.
These are all effective ways to get attractive curls. They can be performed regularly at home. Such devices are much safer, although they do not give such a long-term effect. Hairstyles should be fixed with special fixing means.
How do they fix the result?
In addition to various fixing tools, they use home methods that are no worse than professional ones. When twisting curls, instead of water, use beer moistening. This is an excellent fixer, from which the curls will keep their shape for a long time.
You can also use a gelatin solution instead of fixatives. It is diluted in the amount of 1 tsp. per 1 glass of warm water. The composition should swell, and then it is filtered. The solution is used to wet the strands, after which you can wind them up. The product with sugar also perfectly fixes the hairstyle. You need to dissolve 3 tsp of sugar in a glass of warm water, and then apply it to the curls.
Chemistry, carving, bioavailability
If you do not have the time or desire to perform hair curling, you can use methods that have a long-lasting effect.:
- Chemistry. Hair is wound on a special composition, after which a long-lasting result is expected.
- Bioavailability. Compared to conventional chemistry, the composition does not include harmful chemical components.
- Carving. This is a long-term type of styling, which is performed with gentle compositions.
These methods help to keep short hair curled for a long time. The steepness of the curls is different: tight and weak waves. If you need careless curls, it is better to perform a light bio-grafting that does not spoil the structure of the strands.
Hairstyles and styling
On short hair, you can perform many attractive hairstyles. Styling on curls is performed using the following methods::
- To create voluminous curls, a large twist is used, but a retainer is first applied. Then dry strands are modeled with your hands or a comb in the necessary hairstyle. Now large curls are relevant.
- Hairstyle “beach curls” on short strands is also in demand. You can perform it with a curling iron or iron. To do this, apply foam, comb the strands. Then you need to pin some of the hair, other wind, covering all the curls. Then they should cool down, they are corrected by hands or combed after applying the varnish.
- You can make beach waves without using a curling iron. Strands need to be twisted into bundles or braids, pre-treated with a styling product. And then perform drying with a hair dryer.
- Laying on a square can be more or less difficult to perform. For example, African curls, which are applied mousse, combed strands are divided into small bundles. Each one is sprinkled with water, twisted into bundles, rolled into roses and pinned with hairpins. After the hair dries, the hairpins are removed, the bundles must be untwisted. Curls should be straightened and put in a hairstyle.
- Now fashionable styling with corrugation. This is an evening version of the hairstyle, which can be performed with an iron or curling iron. You need a special nozzle, the iron is warmed up. After combing, spray is applied to the hair. Curls of small width should be curled in fragments. After that, they are not combed, but only slightly sprinkled with varnish.
Curls are an affordable styling option for different hair lengths. This hairstyle is able to diversify everyday and festive styling, giving volume to fine hair. It also allows you to emphasize the femininity of the look.
Curls are the easiest and most affordable way to transform your hairstyle. Various methods allow you to create curls for short hair-light waves or elastic spirals, and additional care products help to keep styling for a long time.
Use a suitable method of creating curls and do not forget about protective products, so as not to harm the structure of the hair. Good luck!