Massage chairs have become a substantial furnishing of many houses. As you use it regularly, it can become grotty over time. From coffee spills to food crumbs and your body oils can also make it cruddy. To avoid mechanical issues or grumpy surfaces, you need to know essential maintenance and cleaning knowledge. This guide will provide you the basic knowledge and you would be able to take care of your massage chair so it can last longer.
Tips for maintenance of massage chair:
- Your massage chair should be used routinely.
- Make your environment convenient to protect its upholstery from tearing, cracking, and fading color.
- Always put it in a private room and keep it away from your children and pets.
- Don’t store it in that room where sunlight can enter directly. Ultraviolet rays can push your chair’s upholstery to become fade and cause cracking.
- Do not drink or eat while sitting on it. In this way, you can save it from spilled drinks or food particles.
- Be sure to do regular surface cleaning. As there are dozens of things that can damage its upholstery, do a deep cleaning regularly.
- Use those cleaners which are suitable for your massage chair’s upholstery.
Determination of cleaning method and material:
This is one of the crucial steps while you are up for cleaning your chair, as you know each massage chair is made up of a particular material so you have to choose the right cleaner otherwise it may affect the appearance of your massage chair. The type of upholstery material and the process of its use determines the method and material of cleaner so follow the below steps carefully.
- Tips for maintenance of massage chair:
- Determination of cleaning method and material:
- Precautions while cleaning your massage chair:
- Consult Massage chair repair service technician:
- Tips for massage table maintenance and cleaning
- Consult an expert for complications:
- Troubleshooting Common Issues:
Material for cleaning:
The cleaner should have these properties:
- It should be compatible with the upholstery of the chair.
- Don’t use citrus material for cleaning.
- Please avoid using the acidic cleaner as it can cause tearing of the upholstery.
- The cleaning material should be eco-friendly.
- It should remove the dirt thoroughly.
- By using antibiotic material, you can ensure your health too.
You should adopt these safety measures to follow up on your cleaning and maintenance:
- Disconnect from electricity before cleaning it because you’re going to use the water.
- When you’re using the new cleaner or method, at first, test it on a small area, which is not usually seen.
- Do not use concentrated acids as they can damage the upholstery and your skin too.
Determination of upholstery material:
There are usually two types of upholstery used in massage chairs:
- Leather upholstery
- Fabric upholstery
Cleaners should be used based on their upholstery material as they should not damage the material and cause its fading.
Cleaning of leather chair:
Usually, two types of leather are used as the upholstery of massage chairs. Genuine leather
- Faux leather
For genuine leather, vacuum it regularly.
- Read all the instructions described for using and cleaning the chair and use those methods and cleaners.
- To start, remove all the cushions from the chair to do a more thorough cleaning, If there are any cushions.
- Clean the chair with a soft cloth; it will remove the snap junk and scrap.
- Spray cleaner into the chair’s upholstery must pay heed to visible filthy areas and dust.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth to rub down all the dirt. Now clean it with another dry cloth to remove mild drops of liquid.
- Finish your cleaning with the use of a leather conditioner. Try not to use oils as they can damage the upholstery over time.
For Faux leather, Always use water-based cleaners as they do not damage the upholstery.
- At first, wipe down it with a dry cloth and use the cleaner.
- Follow the above instructions.
- Do not use a strong liquid cleaner to clean the item.
Cleaning of a fabric massage chair:
Fabric massage chairs are usually of microfiber type. They are generally tear-resistant. As it’s microfiber, avoid the strong liquid cleaner to protect the upholstery.
- To start, wipe down the chair with a soft cloth.
- Apply the clean rag dipped in a mixture of soap and warm water and rub it slowly.
- It would be best if you got into all the corners underneath. For better cleaning, use spray bottles as there is no soaking of fabric.
Vibrating massage chair:
For cleaning it, use the cleaner according to the upholstery material. Usually, manufacturers recommend water-based shampoo and foam upholstery cleaner for better and safe results.
Precautions while cleaning your massage chair:
- Avoid lubricating with oils. Some manufacturers recommend using oils, but they can damage the upholstery.
- Avoid using petroleum gel if there are rubber parts in the massage chair, as It can damage the rubber badly.
- Do not use benzene thinner as a cleaning material.
- Do not rub the upholstery with power; it can cause tearing.
Consult Massage chair repair service technician:
Whenever there are signs of trouble, do not try to repair it by yourself, it can cause a more significant problem. Contact the expert as you see the complication. These are some troubles on which you should ask for an expert:
- Difficulty to run the chair
- Failure to perform the desired functions which are listed in the instructions
- Problem to close the joints
- Broken parts
- Weird noise
- If you’re using it after a long time.
By following these instructions, you can increase your chair’s life span and make it look new for years to come. These points ensure the safety of your chair.
Tips for massage table maintenance and cleaning
Massage tables require your attention from time to time. Your little hard work and attention will keep its upholstery in attractive and beautiful condition, and it may also be a sign of your conscious care.
To increase the life span of your massage table, you should follow these tips:
- Store your massage table at a mild temperature. Avoid putting it in extreme high and low temperatures, as it can damage the upholstery.
- If you are using the portable one, do not carry it uncovered. It should be held in a carry case.
- Use protective covers before using them. Protective covers save the massage table from massage oils and lotions.
- Do not use citrus materials.
- Avoid using acidic materials as they can damage the vinyl massage table.
For the cleaning process, make sure that you are following the manufacturer’s directions.
- Clean it regularly after using it. First, remove all the debris with a dry cloth.
- Dip the cloth in a mixture of mild soap and water. And rub it on the upholstery of the massage table.
- You can also spray the mixture of soap and water and then use a cloth to rub the dirt off.
- Use a microfiber cloth to remove the dirt. And then dry it with a clean, dry cloth.
- For disinfection, use antibiotic cleaner but avoid using alcohol in ingredients as alcohol can damage the vinyl.
- Paper towels can also be used in place of microfiber cloth.
- Always rinse it with water before or after using a mixture of water and soap.
Consult an expert for complications:
You can consult the technician if there is a strange noise from the joints, you can lubricate them, but for better results, contact the technician. Some companies also provide the service of doing re-upholster tables at a low cost.
Your massage table’s safety measures and governance are essential for the betterment of its upholstery and longevity. Your little effort and time are necessary to keep your massage table in good shape.
Troubleshooting Common Issues:
If you encounter any issues with your massage chair, refer to the manufacturer’s troubleshooting guide or contact their customer support for assistance. Avoid attempting complex repairs yourself, as it may void the warranty or cause further damage.
Cleaning your massage chair is a simple yet crucial task that ensures its longevity, functionality, and hygiene. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can effectively clean different components, maintain a sanitary environment, and enjoy a pleasant massage experience for years to come.
- How often should I clean my massage chair?
- It is recommended to clean your massage chair at least once a month or more frequently if heavily used.
- Can I use any cleaning products on my massage chair?
- It is best to use mild cleaning solutions recommended by the manufacturer to avoid damaging the chair’s surface or components.
- Can I wash the chair cushions in a washing machine?
- Check the manufacturer’s instructions to determine if the cushions are machine-washable. If not, spot cleaning is usually recommended.
- Can I use bleach to clean my massage chair?
- No, using bleach or harsh chemicals can damage the chair’s surface and components. Stick to mild cleaning solutions.
- What should I do if my massage chair malfunctions after cleaning?
- If you experience any issues, consult the manufacturer’s troubleshooting guide or contact their customer support for assistance.