Wondering how to wish a friend happy birthday? We have some great tips and ideas to make their birthday extra special!
Wishing a friend a happy birthday is easy! Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to your friend’s profile page on their birthday.
- Click the “Write on Wall” button.
- Type in a nice message, such as “Happy Birthday!” or “Many Happy Returns!”
- Click the “Post” button. And that’s it! Your friend will appreciate your kind words, and you’ll be sure to make their birthday even more special.
Why bother wishing your friend a happy birthday?
Your friend’s birthday is a special occasion that gives you the chance to show them how much you care. A birthday wish is a thoughtful way to let them know that you’re thinking of them on their big day. Whether you write it in a card, say it in person, or post it on social media, taking the time to wish your friend a happy birthday will make their day even more special.
How to make your friend’s birthday wish stand out
When you want your friend’s birthday wish to stand out, there are a few things you can do to make it extra special. Here are some tips:
- Write your friend’s name in big, bold letters on the card. This will make it feel more personal.
- Add a special message that is unique to your friend. This could be an inside joke or something that is significant to your friendship.
- Attach a small gift to the card. This doesn’t have to be anything expensive, but it should be something that your friend will appreciate.
- If you are sending the card electronically, consider adding a personal touch by recording a birthday message or singing happy birthday.
What to write in a birthday card for your friend
Your birthday card message should speak to the recipient on a personal level. Whether you use humor, sincerity, or a combination of the two, make sure your birthday message is tailored to your friend’s unique personality and relationship with you. A birthday message for your best friend might be very different from a message for your coworker or boss.
Here are some examples of what to write in a birthday card for a friend, depending on their relationship with you and your shared interests.
For your funny friend: “Birthdays are seriously tough work! You age one year every 365 days, and it really shows.”
For your best friend: “It’s been great watching you grow up (even though you’ve always been old at heart). I hope this year is as happy as the last.”
For your colleague: “I hope you have a fantastic day and enjoy some well-deserved time off.”
How to say “happy birthday” in a text message
There are lots of ways to say “happy birthday” in a text message, but here are some of the most common:
- Happy birthday!
- Wish you a happy birthday!
- Hope you have a great day!
- All the best on your special day.
You can also include a birthday emoji in your message, like this:
How to make a birthday phone call to your friend
When calling to wish your friend a happy birthday, there are a few things you can do to make the call extra special. First, take a moment to think about why you are friends and what makes your friendship special. This will help you personalize your birthday message.
Once you have gone over what you want to say, give your friend a call. Start off the conversation by saying something like “Happy birthday!” or “I hope you have a great day!” You can then go into your personal message. Be sure to speak slowly and clearly so that your friend can understand everything you are saying.
End the call by wishing your friend all the best for the year ahead. Thank them for being such a great friend and let them know that you are looking forward to spending more time together in the future.
What to do on your friend’s birthday
On your friend’s birthday, you can do many things to make the day special. You can give a card, flowers, or a gift. You can also take your friend out to lunch or dinner. If you are close, you may even want to throw a small party. The most important thing is to let your friend know that you are thinking of them and wish them all the best on their special day.
How to make your friend’s birthday special
Quick tips for a birthday they won’t forget:
- Create a celebratory atmosphere by sending out invitations or setting up decorations ahead of time.
- Make sure you have enough food and drinks to keep everyone happy throughout the party.
- Plan some fun activities or games to keep everyone entertained.
- Prepare a special birthday cake or treat to enjoy at the end of the festivities.
- Take lots of photos and create a memorable scrapbook or album for your friend to look back on.
What not to do on your friend’s birthday
Wishing your friends a happy birthday is one of the most important things you can do on their special day. There are, however, a few things you should avoid doing if you want to stay on their good side. Here are five things NOT to do on your friend’s birthday:
Don’t forget their birthday
This is probably the worst thing you can do. Your friend will be expecting you to remember and will be hurt if you don’t. Make sure to set a reminder on your phone or write it in your planner so you don’t forget.
Don’t give them a gift you know they won’t like
It’s the thought that counts, right? Wrong. Your friend will appreciate a gift that shows you put some thought into it and that you know them well enough to know what they like. Avoid giving them something you know they won’t use just because it was on sale or because you needed to get rid of it.
Don’t show up empty-handed
Even if you didn’t have time to get them a gift, make sure to bring something with you when you go to celebrate their birthday. A card, flowers, or even just a box of their favorite candy will show that you cared enough to make an effort.
Don’t sing off-key
If you’re going to sing “Happy Birthday” to your friend, make sure you do it in tune. Nothing is more cringe-worthy than hearing someone sing out of tune, especially when it’s supposed to be a special moment. If you can’t carry a tune, stick to clapping along with everyone else.
Don’t post old photos without asking first
We all have embarrassing photos from our childhoods or earlier years that we wouldn’t want everyone to see. If you’re planning on posting one of these photos on your friend’s birthday, make sure to ask their permission first. They might not appreciate having an embarrassing photo of themselves plastered all over social media for everyone to see.